Thursday, January 12, 2012

Life Goes On...

Well, as searching for Paradise can't take up all of life, I battle with what the normal teenager does. Friendships, bullies, busy schedules, homework, just school in general, family, and the other typical things that teenagers deal with. Sure, I might have a back worse than the average peer, and I'm not fussing over hair/clothes/music/etc., but I'm still pretty average. Well, mostly anyways. The fact that I'm a teenager, must deal with the typical teenager crap, and the fact that I actually have a life means that I'm average, right?
I've come up with a list of resolutions for the new year. Sure, they're just over a week late, but at least I've made one, right? Well, I've been thinking for a couple days, and I think I've finally pinpointed a couple resolutions for this year. Normally I end up failing at mine or make them very easily achievable. This year, I'm changing that.
1.) (Once you get running shoes) start running every weekend. You're way too inactive because of you're backbrace, so get out there and do something good for once!!
2.) Get closer to God. Okay, besides the prayers... well, VERY common prayers recently, you haven't spent much time getting closer. DO something to prove it.
3.) Do more service hours. Going to that soup kitchen and helping make/serve dinner was really fun, even if it was a little awkward since you couldn't understand all their German.
4.) Get into piano lessons again. You know they're good for you, even if you hate being told what to do. Conformity (if that's a word) is not one of your strongest points.
5.) Complete the 365K/365 Day challenge. And no, blog posts may not, and I repeat NOT, count as words. No matter how many words you write in them.
Those are pretty easy, but more long term, not something I could accomplish in a week. It also forces me to stay dedicated.

Tomorrow I'll be dog sitting my best friend's dog. Toby visited us on Wed. to make sure that my dog, Cinnamon, wouldn't devour him. Cinnamon's a labrador. Toby is a doxen mixed with something that I forgot. heh. Anyways, I've been over to her house a bunch so he knows me. Every time I slept over he would get under my covers and keep my feet warm.
I <3 Toby. hee.
He'll be at my house for the four day weekend (I don't have school tomorrow or Monday) and I'm getting $20 a day (for those of you who have trouble with math, that would be $80)

Let's go find Paradise!!!
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! We're all friends here.