Sunday, January 29, 2012

Coincidences and Recording Scenes

I just presented my project in class. *shudders* My 3D map was crap compared to everyone else's, and it made me feel so nervous! Luckily, we only had to present one part of the project (there was a writing assignment and a creative one), so I presented my writing assignment. I had rewritten the ending of the book 'Virals' by Kathy Reichs. My teacher was very impressed. :3

"Oh, so before we were just a bunch of mutant freaks, and now we're a pack of mutant freaks? That's just so much more reassuring isn't it?"

That's a line I wrote. I'm pretty okay with that one. It's how Hi (the character) would react, which is definitely Reichs' style. That's definitely what I was going for.
I'm back into writing my series 'Trapped'. Virals really helped get me back into it, since the characters are similar. And when I say similar, I mean seriously similar. You see, in 'Virals' the main character is Tory Brennan. In mine, it's Kristen Johnson. Let me show you how similar the two are.
Tory Brennan: long red hair, brilliant green eyes, tall, skinny, trouble-maker, stubborn, not afraid to break a few laws to get her way, 14-years-old
Kristen Johnson: long red hair, brilliant green eyes, tall, skinny, trouble-maker, stubborn, not afraid to break a few laws to get her way, 15-years-old

See? It's scary. And that's mostly (but not all) There's also Ben Blue and Ben (I haven't given him a last name)
Ben Blue: 16-years-old, quiet, serious, dark brown hair, tall, muscular, brown eyes, tan
Ben: 16-years-old, quiet, childish, dark brown hair, tall, muscular, brown eyes, a tiny bit tan

Also, there's Nick and Hi
Hi: (a little) chubby, brown hair, funny, sarcastic, 15-year-old
Nick: (a little) chubby, brown hair, funny, sarcastic, 13-year-old

Yeah, it's really freaky. I read this story in the middle of December, and started MY story in the beginning of November.

That's not what this is about. We (my friend and I) are thinking of acting out and recording us and a bunch of friends acting out scenes from our novel. It got a very good reaction from some of our friends on Chatzy N.O.W. (Night of Write), which made us feel even better about the idea.
What we'd do is choose some scenes from our novels and then just get actors and someone to record us acting out the scenes. Me and the friend who started the idea (lhlab61 on Youtube, killerwolf61 on Chatzy and Sumopaint) have already been doing little videos of ourselves for a while being crazy. She's supposed to upload it to YouTube at some point (but she's on vacation right now skiing). If she does, I'll send you guys a link.
Anyways, I'd probably start with some scenes from 'Below' (which I'm rewriting and after that I'll start the editing stage) and Killer will choose some from 'Eve'. We'll definitely post it to YouTube and I'll most DEFINITELY send you readers the link when we do.
It's exciting, but we can't do this until we have:
1.) a couple guy actors and (potentially) a female actor.
2.) props (for wings and just making ourselves actually look like our characters)
3.) a time/place to act

For the first one I might just ask my older brother and someone else. For number two we'll make do. We both loove to draw anyways. For the third, well, I've got an idea. :) I'll tell you guys when we actually start filming (but beware, it will probably be cheesy and full of bloopers. But everyone loves bloopers right?)

Let's go find Paradise!!!
Beth (not really)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! We're all friends here.